Monday, May 6, 2013

Zendala Dare #56 - Pencil

 The Bright Owl, this week set a nice challenge for us. She gave us the template and said that it must be done in pencil only. Being the first challenge of the month, this is a special one. First of all, I loved the template but I had to tweek it a little.

I used only a mechanical pencil for all line work and shading; oh and a blending stump to smooth out the lines.

The tangles I used were flubber, flower vine, cruffle and the middle circle is querl.

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

What a super tile, this is very nice and your shading is great.

Tangles and More said...

Like your border and the shading. How did you keep the white spaces so white?

Unknown said...

Keeping it in pencil was a challenge what with parts of the paper and my hand getting dirty. For some reason the scanner did not pick up the smudges around the edges of the tile.

Sue Sharp said...

I love this! Very different and beautifully done! Thanks for listing the names of your tangles - it helps and inspires!

Anne's tangle blog said...

Really beautiful!!! Especially the middle.

Tangle Madness said...

Wow. Great job. I love the center and the outer ring and the tangles. Beautiful zendala.

Karen Lynn said...

Beautiful job! You really used the pencil-only technique to your advantage. So soft and lovely.