Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Zendala Dare #47 - Loosing It

I think I am finally over the jet lag. Our family spent an awesome 2 weeks in Barbados with family, and it has taken us almost that amount of time to readjust to the time difference. Time travel from West to East is much more difficult to adjust to than going from East to West. At certain times of the day sleep will hold on to you and not let go until you have given in.

I've missed a couple of weeks of the diva's challenges  but here goes with dare #47. The challenge was to remove a part of the mandala.



I removed the very top piece and the ovals within. OOOpppppssss. I forgot to scan the original template. You can see it here.

But here is my question. Mandalas are supposed to be circles. Would this still be classed as a mandala/zendala even though it is not closed or a full circle?

I've been working on some art journal pages and what fun I've been having. Once I have figured out how to make my bits of technology communicate with each other, I will share them here.

4 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like this a lot, you did ver well here.
I am quite sure that a mandala is always round. In the East they know a 'yantra' that is a mainly square form used in meditation.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece. Inspiring.

Roy said...

Another stunning approach to this weeks Dare! Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

efie17 said...

I realy love this one.
its so very beautyfull and clever